QuikClot hemostatic agent is based on the same QuikClot brand hemostatic agent used by the US military, federal agencies, EMS, police and fire departments everywhere. Wherever there is blood, QuikClot brand hemostatic agents are saving lives! QuikClot is the most widely used and effective "Over the Counter" hemostatic agent available. Remove the QuikClot from the package, apply to the wound using pressure and stop the bleeding fast. QuikClot is ideal for schools, individual and team sports, wilderness medicine and even home use. This product is the perfect size for scalp lacerations or bleeding where a bandage is not enough. Every home first aid kit and sports athletic trainer’s first aid kit should contain QuikClot hemostatic. Vaccum packed, sterile unopened package.
Stops bleeding 3 times faster than blood on its own
QuikClot is a chemically inert material that speeds coagulation of blood, resulting in a stable clot that stops bleeding. It can be easily applied by anyone and also easily and cleanly removed from the wound by professional medical providers. The QuikClot Clotting Agent is safe to use. Leave QuikClot in place until more advanced medical help arrives.
QuikClot® does not contain:
· Animal proteins
· Human proteins
1. Apply firm pressure to the wound using sterile gauze or a suitable replacement.
2. If the bleeding stops or it is about to stop after 1 minute of pressure, wrap the wound to maintain the pressure and seek medical attention.
3. If moderate or severe bleeding continues open the package.
4. Remove gauze and excess blood and immediately apply QuikClot® over the wound until granules cover the wound. Use only the amount needed to stop the bleeding.
5. Reapply firm pressure to the wound covered with QuikClot® using sterile gauze or the cleanest and driest cloth available. Wrap with bandage to maintain pressure.
6. Seek medical attention immediately. Throw away any unused granules and show the empty bag to medical personnel.